Cheers! I just got noticed that the paper I submitted to 19th EGSR was accepted. This will be my first first-author paper, Cheers!
Morgan Stanley’s Internet Trends report from last month takes a big turn from previous reports – the focus is nearly 100% on social applications and how they are taking over the Internet (Yahoo apparently read it). Key takeaways:
- YouTube + Facebook page views > Google or Yahoo page views (and may be bigger than both combined)
- 6/10 top internet sites are social (youtube, live.com, facebook, hi5, wikipedia, orkut); none were on the list in 2005
- YouTube has 258 million users, 50% visit weekly or more
- >50% of Facebook users log in daily, 95% of Facebook users have used at least one third party application
- Skype revenue is $1.67/user/year, up 9% Y/Y
- 14 million photos uploaded daily on Facebook
- Google + Yahoo = 61% of U.S. Online Ad Revenue
- Google: $4.4b ad revenue in Q4, paid out $1.4 billion to partners
- Yahoo: $1.6 billion in ad revenue in Q4, paid out $429 million to partners
Today, Brain MacDonald visit Tsinghua University. And it is my great honour that accompany him as a guide when he visit Tsinghua University.
We also visit harry shum’s office at Science Building, Tsinghua University. And Brian wrote ‘Program Manager beats Dev’ on harry’s board. (Brian is CVP – Search PM and Harry is CVP – Serach Dev)
Brian walks so fast, and is that a reason for his success? 🙂
It seems that, Google Toolbar will send the pages you view to Google Server and index it.
Published previous post (Google clawer/indexer is so fast), I didn’t use my firefox with GoogleToolbar, but my IE explorer to view the posted page. 20 minutes later, the page is still not indexed (can not be searched), then I tried use my Firefox with GoogleToolbar to view the post page, just in one minute, I can successfully search that post!
(I do not approve google toolbar send info to Google Server, so this is kind of ‘Evil Google?’)
看起来是Google Toolbar的关系， 我刚才那篇文章(Google clawer/indexer is so fast)用一个没有GoogleToolbar的浏览器访问，就一直没有被爬到。后来，用有Google Toolbar的浏览器访问了一下，不到1分钟这个页面就可以被serach到了。刚才我检查了一下，我的Google Toolbar并没有打开向Google 提供数据的功能，看来这次Google又Evil了？
After about 18 months of G80, the next generation graphics card by NVidia Geforce 9 comes out.
With higher Memory and Core speed, the GeForce9800GTX performs better than GeForce8800GTX, on the other hand, the retail 9800GTX(559$) is cheaper than 8800GTX(599$) (I’m not very sure about the price). Anyway, GeForce 9 series is a good news for the extreme game players, haha 🙂
See the performance test here
Recently, many political issues arise around Tibet and Olympic 2008. Those MSN users who support Olympic 2008 and support china volunteered add a heart icon (L) in their MSN nick names. This event spread so fast over the Internet. So many people has attended such event by now. You can see the red heart fill up my MSN friends list.
最近，媒体上出现了大量的围绕 西*藏*问*题 而对2008年北京奥运会的政治攻击。广大网友为声援支持中国，纷纷资源的在自己MSN名字上加上(L)标志的红心图样。这样的自发行动在非常短的时间内就在网络上流传开来，现在已经有非常多的网友参加了这一活动。
This time, try to write more on the blog.
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!